CALIHIWINES, LLC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CaliHiWines LLC (The Company) is committed to keeping your personal information strictly confidential. When you place an order or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card and other information. We use this information to process your orders, contact you and expedite your return visits to our web site.
We may use your purchase history and other non purchase-related information that you provided when creating your Account or when you requested to be on our email list, to guide our wine purchases and recommendations. We also may monitor website traffic patterns and usage to guide us in improving our web site and further enhance our wine buying to match our customer’s desires. CaliHiwines is an Affiliate Wine Broker on behalf of Alcoholic Licensee and Fulfillment Warehouse(s). All wines are sold in the state of California by licensed ABC holders, or Licensed Retailers. The Final Invoice sent in shipment will contain the Licensed Retailer’s Information. If you have any questions in that regard, please call us directly at 707-245-9463 (WINE).
Sale of Alcohol Beverages – “Licensed Retailers” or “Affiliated Alcoholic Licensee”
The Company’s role in the transactions contemplated by these Terms & Conditions is that of a service provider that enables you, the consumer, to purchase wine and related products from those retailers holding valid licenses issued by state alcohol beverage agencies allowing for the legal sale of wine (the “Licensed Retailers”) and to participate in the services and/or any other product offers offered on the Company Sites. You acknowledge that all orders of wine and related products you place through the use of the Company Sites are processed and fulfilled by such Licensed Retailers, as the actual sellers of wine, and not by the Company. Any wine you purchase through the use of the Company Sites from the Licensed Retailers must be for personal consumption only and not for resale. If you do not agree with these conditions of use then do not use this website.
- Except for orders going to the permit states described in the next paragraph, title to and ownership of alcoholic beverages passes from Licensed Retailer or Seller to Buyer in the State in which the sale occurs, and Buyer takes all responsibility for the product being transported from the state of sale to the Buyer’s selected destination. Buyer may pick up the product at Seller’s location, or make independent delivery arrangements. Sales tax will be applied based on the seller’s location. Seller makes no representation as to the legal rights of anyone to deliver or import any alcoholic beverages or other goods into any state. Buyer warrants he or she is solely responsible for the transport of the purchased products and for determining the legality and the tax/duty consequences of bringing the products to the Buyer’s chosen destination.
- For orders going to states in which Licensed Retailer or Seller is licensed or has a direct to consumer shipping permit, title to and ownership of the product passes from Seller to Buyer in the state to which the product is shipped, and sales and other applicable taxes will be applied based on the requirements of the destination state. By placing an order, Buyer authorizes Seller to act on Buyer’s behalf in arranging for transportation of the product at Buyer’s direction. Alternatively, buyer may pick up the product at the Seller’s location, or make independent shipping arrangements. For any product picked up at the Seller’s location, sales tax will be applied based on that location. Prices of products do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
SHIPPING TERMS OF SERVICE
You must be 21 years of age to order and/or receive wine. By placing your order with our Affiliates and Partners, you are warranting to us that you are at least 21 years of age. Shipments require an adult signature. Proof of age will be verified by the delivery carrier.
Shipping is not a profit center for CALIHIWINES or any of our affiliates “Licensed Retailers”. Shipping is a service that we provide to you. When shipping prices change, rest assured that it is only an adjustment to attempt to re-attain break-even. International duties/taxes are the sole responsibility of the Buyer. We offer five shipping options:
- Ground Service – 2–5 business days
Recommended for the West Coast most of the year and throughout the U.S. when temperatures at both ends are between 50 – 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2nd Day Air – 2 business days
Recommended for most of the U.S., most of the year.
- Next Day Air – Overnight delivery
Offered for your convenience and during hot weather.
- Pick Up – At our Affiliate warehouse(s) depending on location.
We will hold your wine at no charge for up to four months for pickup (by appointment)
- Hold – Offered as a courtesy during the warm months
We will store your wine at no charge for up to six months when the weather is too hot to safely ship fine wine, and then ship to you when weather permits.
All wines are sold in the state of California by Licensed Retailers ABC holders, and title passes to the Buyer in California. The Buyer is solely responsible for shipment of wine. By placing an order, you authorize licensed ABC holders to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine to you. Shipping costs, insurance and taxes are the responsibility of the Buyer. We make no representation as to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside of California or any country outside of the United States.